19 February 2007

gwen stefani on motherhood, weight loss and Hollywood




On her public pregnancy: "It was weird being pregnant in a fishbowl situation. Especially on days when you feel really fat and disgusting and not cute. Pregnancy was challenging in a way I didn't expect. I was on tour and I was so sick. It was like PMS times a million."
On baby weight: "I worked out with my trainer throughout my whole pregnancy until about two weeks before. I cried during my last session. I was like, 'I can't breathe, I can't do this anymore. What am I doing?' It was crazy. All my life I had to work hard to stay in shape. I've always struggled with it. I was a little chubby when I was younger, and I didn't want to be that person forever. I became a swimmer at school - but only because I wanted to be skinnier! I'm extremely vain. I like wearing cute clothes."

On getting her body back: "There aren't any tricks, it's simple math: you put this much food in, you burn that much working out. I gave myself three months - but if I didn't have an album coming out, there's no way I would have gotten back into shape in that time. I worked out with my trainer five days a week, with weekends off. I would really recommend doing weights. I'm not into yoga and pilates - they don't work for me and I don't have the patience. I'm more like a man. I like going to the gym and lifting weights or doing a little boxing."

On the Hollywood body ideal: "It sucks that that's what is supposed to look good and that's what everyone strives to be. There's more to life than being on a diet. Clearly, I spend time thinking about it, and it's something I've had to deal with in my life. As I get older, I try not to focus on it, it's boring, it's a waste of life. What I have learned is that whether I'm fatter or thinner, people seem not to mind, they like me either way. It's more in your own mind than anyone else's."






No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
The Baby Bump Project by Meredith Nash is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.