28 May 2009

Sabrina the teenage witch: shameless self-promotion


Blah blah blah. Melissa Joan Hart is 'revealing her bikini body' after having two kids. It's taken her 14 months to get back to 113 lbs after seeing 'horrifying' photos of herself on the beach last year. "I still read blogs about me discussing how fat I've become," the former Sabrina, the Teenage Witch star tells PEOPLE in the new issue, available on newsstands Friday.

"Everyone still thinks I'm huge," says Hart, 33, whose post-pregnancy body was the subject of cruel Internet attacks after she gave birth to sons Mason, 3, and Braydon, 14 months, with husband, Course of Nature lead singer Mark Wilkerson, 32. "But I'm not anymore!"

And I'd like to ask her...has the loss of fat changed her life? Sure, she may say that she's happier, inspired, whatever. What really annoys me is this crap that is constantly fed to women and in particular, post-birth mothers, that suggests that weight loss makes life easier. Sure you can fit into smaller clothes but it doesnt ever change the fact that many women in this world are dealing with juggling a work/life balance and working out is only another pressure among a sea of already existing pressures. Getting into a bikini doesn't change any of that.

Boo to you, MJH.

1 comment:

Shannan said...

I agree 100% she was on Extra last night and said that picture was taken 3 months after her baby was born. I know I wont have a bikini ready body 3 months after I have my little boy so I dont understand why she was so upset over how the pictures looked! A woman shouldnt feel like she has to stress herself to death just to lose the baby weight. Love your blog!

 
Creative Commons License
The Baby Bump Project by Meredith Nash is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.