26 June 2007

The truth comes out: Liv Tyler wants plastic surgery

Remember my post a few weeks back about Liv Tyler? http://babybumpproject.blogspot.com/2007/06/liv-tyler-on-losing-baby-weight.html

Yeah, I was all gushy about how fantastic she is for being as level headed as a celebrity mum can be about losing baby weight and living up to cultural expectations of slenderness. WELL! I just came across this little beauty in Allure magazine and it appears that Liv has been spinning various stories about her weight loss post birth, the most recent of which she admits to working out like a maniac and wanting plastic surgery!

Not that there's anything wrong with that (who am I to judge?)...but why do celebrities feel the need to lie and say they 1) don't exercise at all 2) only do Pilates or 3) don't care about the extra weight. Can we all please just be honest and admit that losing weight post-baby is really hard? And yes, if you're an actress and your body is your bread and butter, you have to work even harder.

On plastic surgery:
"I’m definitely going to have some, I’m sure. Especially when you see what happens to your body after you have a baby.”
On the baby weight:
“I was trying to get back into shape, so I went to the gym every day, sometimes twice a day.”
On looking good in Hollywood:
“I have to make a living. I guess I could sell my house and go live a really simple life in a trailer somewhere.”

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
The Baby Bump Project by Meredith Nash is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.