31 May 2008

Angelina 'uncensored'


Ange is on the latest cover of Vanity Fair and she's not doing the proverbial 'Demi' although she does talk about being pregnant and Shiloh's caesar in Africa in which she found it necessary to comandeer an entire country in order to give birth. Oh and despite recent reports, she has not yet given birth to the twins in France....

On being pregnant:
“I love it. It makes me feel like a woman. It makes me feel that all the things about my body are suddenly there for a reason. It makes you feel round and supple, and to have a little life inside you is amazing. Also, I’m fortunate. I think some women have a different experience depending on their partner. I think that affects it. I happen to be with somebody who finds pregnancy very sexy. So that makes me feel very sexy.”

On Shiloh's birth:

“We were in this little hospital in Africa when Shi was born. I don’t think there was anybody else in the hospital. It was just a little cottage, the three of us. It ended up being the greatest thing…. I had a C-section and I found it fascinating. I didn’t find it a sacrifice and I didn’t find it a painful experience. I found it a fascinating miracle of what a body can do.”

Sorry, I'm just sick of Ange's sappy 'happy family' shtick. The article is called 'Angelina Uncensored' and for all intents and purposes, she's completely censored. Everything that comes out of the woman's mouth is just how happy she is, blah blah, how much she loves being a mother, blah blah. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Surely, motherhood is incredibly fulfilling but give us a little dark and twisted, a little bit of reality because no one can be that insanely happy nearly 7 months pregnant with twins and with 4 other children to look after (in spite of having a cavalcade of nannies). Motherhood is hard.

She's pregnant with twins. Surely, SURELY by this stage, she's not feeling so sexy anymore. The woman in my study who was giving birth to twins had to stop working at about 27 weeks because she was so uncomfortable that doing anything was a chore. I'm not going to qualify my statements here because any woman who has had twins knows that it's really hard work to be pregnant with two babies at once.

And what about the recovery from her caesar with Shiloh?! Sure, it's a 'fascinating miracle' that a doctor can slice your abdominal muscle in two and remove your baby in four minutes or less and you may not feel any pain during the surgery but what about after?! Give me a freakin break.

Oh and in case you had forgotten what Ange's 'bump' looks like (because we haven't seen enough pictures of her pregnant, Us magazine has an entire gallery devoted to her stomach) in the link below.

In other news, I'm happy to report that I printed out a full draft of my dissertation and had it bound....lots of work ahead for the next 7 weeks until submission but it's a big step forward..yay!

Source: http://www.usmagazine.com/angelina-jolie-brad-pitt-finds-my-pregnancy-very-sexy

1 comment:

Cherryskin said...

Congrats on the printing/binding! (A "birth" sorta!) All the best for the coming weeks.

 
Creative Commons License
The Baby Bump Project by Meredith Nash is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.