24 September 2007

More Milla: peanut butter and bagels

Milla J is still doing press for the latest installment of Resident Evil. She talks to the Chicago Sun-Times about her pregnancy:

On exercise:
Honey, my bones seem soft now and my feet are killing me. All the physical training I've had to be a model and to do action films like 'Resident Evil' really helps. So I strongly encourage women who are even thinking about getting pregnant to really hit the gym before trying to conceive. It will still hurt to walk. No one tells you that part! But I can tell you that prior to conceiving get in your optimum shape. You will be glad.

On eating:
Hide the peanut butter! "I'm happy to tell all the pregnant ladies out there that I've gone from 130 pounds to 193 pounds. It's a lot of weight to put on quickly and I only have myself to blame," says Jovovich. "I could eat peanut butter sandwiches and bagels all day. I see no problem with it," she laughs. "Of course my doctor does see a problem with it. So I've gone cold turkey on the bread. I"m doing chicken and veggies and trying to be the healthiest mother.
"But if I could continue with the peanut butter, I'd be the happiest mom in the world!"

On weight gain:
I don't mind, but my mom keeps bragging, 'I didn't gain this much weight with YOU! I was skin and bones and just had a little bump.' Yeah, thanks Mom! How helpful! I'm trying to deal with that and how gorgeous she was and how -- get this -- she even wore heels when she was pregnant with me. Now, my feet have grown three sizes. They don't tell you that part, either. I can barely wear flip-flops. And now I have a whole new appreciation for my old body. Right now I can't get out of my stretch empire T-shirt dresses.

Source: http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/pearlman/569866,SHO-Sunday-5qs23.article

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have any thoughts on Nicole Richie's "pregnant bikini pics"? I was surprised b/c before she kept saying she was so "embarrassed how fat I was on the first Simple Life" (though she wasn't, of course) but now looks like pregnancy has magically made her totally comfortable with the normal-girl cellulite on her butt &c. I saw the pics on Egotastic and ran right over here to see if you'd posted anything about them. Thanks for this blog!

 
Creative Commons License
The Baby Bump Project by Meredith Nash is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.