11 July 2007

Maggie Gyllenhaall: weight loss and the wonder of motherhood


I love Maggie Gyllenhaall and I think she has proven that it is entirely possibly to be famous and pregnant and not be photographed obsessively. Anyway, if remember from a few weeks back she was snapped in a Manhattan park feeding her daughter and because her breast was exposed she was criticised all over the internet. She spoke to the Guardian about her new life as a mother and slams suggestions that she dropped her baby weight immediately after the birth:
On motherhood:
'It has changed my life in the most incredible way'.

On her baby weight:
'Totally ridiculous. I was really shocked that they would write that. At that point I was 25 or 30lb heavier than I had been before I got pregnant. I had literally just given birth! It's so unhelpful to everybody, to print stupid stuff like that'.

On pressure to be slim and fabulous:
'It would be dishonest and unhelpful to say I haven't felt that pressure. I do feel it - just not enough to change what I'm doing very much. I mean, I still go out to dinner all the time'.

Full article: http://film.guardian.co.uk/interview/interviewpages/0,,2120688,00.html

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
The Baby Bump Project by Meredith Nash is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.