17 October 2007

Looking at pregnancy with 'new' eyes

I just read a great article in the Guardian about a formerly anorexic woman who is now pregnant and she discusses how being pregnant has changed her view of her own body.

'Pregnancy has been a release into a body that feels happily beyond my control. I've watched it grow and transform. I've looked at it in the mirror and been fascinated by it. I'm much more interested in nourishing my baby than caring about what dress size I am...'

Source: http://lifeandhealth.guardian.co.uk/wellbeing/story/0,,2192063,00.html

Also in more post-baby body news, according to Us magazine, Samantha Harris, co-host of America's Dancing With the Stars has returned back to work just three weeks after birth. Harris admits she started back into her fitness regimen just two and half weeks postbaby

"My doctor said it was OK," she said backstage at last night's show in L.A. "So I slowly went back to a yoga class one day, a sculpting class one day and a cardio-sculpting class another day. But I’m taking it easy. I’m not trying to drop the weight fast in any capacity."

Source: http://www.usmagazine.com/samantha_harris_0

1 comment:

rawan said...

an exceptional effort, also have a look at mt blog and throw me a comment : )

http://www.rawan-momtry.blogspot.com/

I have a quality pregnancy ebook.

 
Creative Commons License
The Baby Bump Project by Meredith Nash is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.