19 December 2007

J.Love: Fat or pregnant?

Is anyone else offended by this whole Jennifer Love Hewitt 'fat' or 'pregnant' saga? Hewitt was recently attacked in the tabloids for being 'plus-sized' after a few photos of her frolicking in a bikini surfaced. Highlighting her alleged 'cellulite' and a possible 'baby bump', Hewitt was forced to defend her size 2 figure on her official website:
"What I should be doing is celebrating some of the best days of my life and my engagement to the man of my dreams, instead of having to deal with photographers taking invasive pictures of me from bad angles," she wrote. "I know what I look like, and so do my friends and family. And like all women out there should, I love my body."

In the last two days, rumours of 'fatness' have been attributed to pregnancy and representatives of the actress have been vehemently denying any hint of a bun in the oven. It's a pretty sad state of affairs when a little 'bloating', a few dimples or a particularly puffy face all lead to 'accusations' of pregnancy. The poor girl just got engaged. If she is indeed pregnant, let's let her tell us when she's ready. The guerilla tactics of American tabloid media outlets have turned pregnancy, once a happy and positive time, to a scenario in which female celebrities must 'defend' themselves against 'accusations' as if fertility (or fatness?) was a crime.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
The Baby Bump Project by Meredith Nash is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.