30 April 2007

Rebecca on proving 'I'm not a fat person'

After struggling to conceive for over 2 years, I am currently 7 months pregnant with an IVF miracle. Pre-pregnancy I weighed 50kgs and my body fat was 16 percent. On advice from my Obstetrician, I backed off the exercise and gained 4kgs. I believe this helped me to eventually conceive. I have so far gained 13kgs during my pregnancy and am now putting up with snide remarks about my weight gain. All I want to achieve is a healthy baby but I am being made to feel like my pregnancy is more about how big my butt is now as opposed to the fact that I am finally able to have a child at all! As much as I would like to say I just ignore the comments and move on, I do take them to heart and often end up in tears behind closed doors. I am now finding I can't wait for the baby to come so I can exercise again and 'prove' I am not a 'fat person'! Society puts too much pressure on women; when if ever, are we going to get a break?

Rebecca

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
The Baby Bump Project by Meredith Nash is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.