04 August 2007

I'm a hypocrite. So sue me: Another Nicole Ritchie post

So yeah. Maybe a few days ago I said how annoyed I was that everyone and their mother was expending way too much brain power on the pregnancy of Nicole Ritchie. However, I am finding myself uncomfortably fascinated by her publicists' ability to manufacture answers for her to the 'hard-hitting' Diane Sawyer questions that continually repeat she has 'never had an eating disorder' (because after all, you would have to be eating at some stage to have one) and that she was never 'close to death'. So even though Nicole was pushing more drugs than Corey Haim, revealing an eating disorder is ostensibly much worse for her career.

"I eat all the time, especially now. I'm constantly hungry. I'm eating at least every hour," she said. "And just like any mother, you want to take the best care of yourself, especially while you're pregnant. I'm definitely eating healthier now."

With pregnancy comes weight gain and Richie says she's prepared for it, saying she has already gained 10 pounds. "It's what my baby needs and to me, numbers don't mean anything. If I gain 40 pounds, if I gain 50 pounds, then that's obviously what my body needs to do. I'm totally OK with that," she said.

Ritchie is quite possibly more vacuous than Paris Hilton. Why she deserves a three part series on the state of her health on American television really astounds me (and of course I continue to be a part of her media campaign by continuing to write about her. For shame!).

Source: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3443916&page=1

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
The Baby Bump Project by Meredith Nash is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.