08 August 2007

Katie Price at the centre of breastfeeding controversy

Once again, Katie Price (aka Jordan) is at the centre of heated debate as she spruiks the joys of formula in an interview this week with Ok! magazine. Apparently, Jordan is feeding her newborn dauughter Princess formula and in one of the images in the magazine she is feeding the baby with a clearly labeled bottle of SMA formula. In Britain it is illegal to advertise formula for babies under 6months. Whilst Price has no formal arrangement with the company as a spokesperson she says:

"It's brilliant. I have 20 crates of teats and bottles," she told the magazine. "I don't have to sterilise or heat anything, you literally take the teat out, screw it on, and throw it away. "I don't care what people say - you don't have to breastfeed ... I don't want a baby drinking from me - the thought of it makes me feel really funny."

The National Childbirth Trust wants to bring action against SMA as a result.

Source: http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22207994-5012974,00.html

1 comment:

Marty, a.k.a. canape said...

She said that out loud? Really? And someone printed it?

I'm speechless, and yet commenting anyway.

 
Creative Commons License
The Baby Bump Project by Meredith Nash is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.