09 August 2007

Totally Tori: back into her jeans

In an exclusive interview with Access Hollywood, Tori S reveals “In four months, I’ve lost almost all my baby weight. I’m feeling really good. I just got back into my regular jeans yesterday.”

“She started to tear up,” Dean [her husband] said.

I find it really astounding that 'getting back into your jeans' has become the benchmark for success of the postbaby body. Every single woman in my study mentioned that getting back into her jeans was a primary goal. So what does it mean? Fitting into your pre-pregnancy clothes is the most symbolic moment when a woman can identify with the person she was before she was pregnant. It's like her pre-pregnant 'self' is not lost anymore. As motherhood brings forth so many life-altering changes, fitting back into your jeans is a reassuring moment when things can feel a little bit the same even though they are really so different.

Source: http://www.accesshollywood.com/news/ah6392.shtml

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
The Baby Bump Project by Meredith Nash is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.