14 January 2009

Carnie Wilson: blah blah blah

Famous for her struggles with weight loss and her very public experiences with gastric bypass surgery, Carnie Wilson (formerly of Wilson Phillips) is pregnant again and was talking about being a mum at 40 and gaining weight on The Bonnie Hunt Show yesterday.

Carnie reached her goal weight of 150lbs in October of 2008 and was featured in Ok! talking about her plans to get pregnant (which she did in Nov): http://www.okmagazine.com/news/view/8440

Oddly, however, in her chat with Bonnie Hunt, Wilson said:

"I am glad that I lost 50 lbs. before I got pregnant but honestly, I just push the big old pause button when I get pregnant."

Right. I hate to be the bearer of bad news here but isn't 'pushing the pause button' how you ended up being 208 lbs in the first place? That is not a comment intended to castigate people that are overweight. Rather, it annoys me that Carnie Wilson spends alot of time talking about eating healthfully and losing weight (in fact, she is probably more famous for her weight gain/losses than her singing career) and yet she throws that all by the wayside when she gets pregnant. She went to extraordinary lengths to lose weight in order to fall pregnant for the second time. According to Ok! she said her diet was quite strict:

"I’m not allowing myself anything that’s off my regimen: no sugar, no carbs, no dairy, no red meat, no flour of any kind. It’s really strict, but I like how it feels."

Pregnancy has clearly become an excuse for her to change her eating. She told Bonnie Hunt:

"I don't eat red meat anymore. Now I am just a cheese freak because of the pregnancy. I can't stop with the cheese. And bagels."

Rather than talking about what she is eating (or not eating) constantly, perhaps Wilson should just shut about it all and maybe people (like me!) wouldn't have to be annoyed with the flip-flopping between being the poster-girl for weight loss and the 'I-don't-care-give-me-another-block-of-cheese' pregnant woman. Honestly, if you are going to eat, eat. Stop justifying it to other people but on the other hand, stop pretending that it doesn't matter. Weight loss and weight gain so clearly do matter to Wilson. She's spent alot of time and money on surgery, diets and personal trainers.

Source: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20251996,00.html

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
The Baby Bump Project by Meredith Nash is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.