25 August 2008

Laila Ali in fighting form

Laila Ali is featured in the September issue of Pregnancy magazine. As the daughter of Muhammad Ali, Laila, also a professional boxer and host of American Gladiators, is planning to have a homebirth:

"Society tells you, 'You get pregnant, you go to the hospital,' and that was just naturally what I was going to do, but once I saw that there was another option, it just fit me," she explains. "I want to be fully present. I don't want any medications. I just want to be in control of the situation -- as much as I can be anyway."

Of course she's working out four days a week and trying to eat well:

"I always thought I was going to gain a lot of weight because I'm a big girl naturally. I walk around at 175 lbs, I'm 5'11", and I love to eat," Laila reveals. "I thought, 'Oh God, I'm going to be like 250 lbs and huge.' I know a lot of women have that fear. But because I'm already a big girl, I was just imagining myself to be a giant."

"I haven't had any problems, no cravings or nausea," she says. "I have gained 25 pounds, but I'm going to go back to that gym and work it all off so I'm not really worried about it."

Source: http://www.etonline.com/news/2008/07/63040/index.html

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's so great that she's planning a home birth. Just had my son at home this morning :-) I couldn't be more happy about the decision.

 
Creative Commons License
The Baby Bump Project by Meredith Nash is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.