20 July 2007

Jaime Pressly tells it like it is...pregnancy was 'a killer'

I've posted about My Name is Earl star, Jaime Pressly, a bit over the last few months and I found this article from The New Zealand Herald really interesting because Pressly gushed about how much she loved being pregnant in every article I read about her and this new one paints a completely different picture of how she felt about her body (assuming she actually said the things that have been quoted!). In fact, I am sceptical that she actually did say half of this stuff because most celebrities tend to censor what they say, especially with regard to pregnancy, so they appear as though they are the epitome of idyllic motherhood. It's like no matter how bad they feel about themselves, they all say gaining weight never bothers them, motherhood is amazing, blah blah blah. In this article, Jaime Pressly says she thought pregnancy 'sucked' and she 'hated being fat'. If that's not being candid, well, I don't know what is!

On her pregnancy:
'As a new mom I'm supposed to go on about how wonderful it was to be pregnant. Well, I don't buy into that. The truth is that I love my baby to bits, but the rest of it sucked. Pregnancy was the biggest killer for me. I hated it - I hated being fat'.

On mood swings:
'My hormones were all over the place and I acted like some lunatic, picking fights with my boyfriend over how he made my coffee'.

On her skin:
'On top of that I had this hideous 'pregnancy mask' skin discolouration which completely covered my face. You can normally use creams to disguise it, but not when you're pregnant, so I had to walk around looking like I was horribly disfigured. This may sound arrogant, but I'm used to looking hot. I just wanted to cry all the time'.

On motherhood:
'Nobody tells you this stuff when you talk about having a baby - it's all kept as one big secret. The only amazing thing is when your baby pops out and you have this little thing that is going to be part of your life forever'.

On losing weight:
'I'm having a party and then a holiday and I aim to be in a super-slutty outfit for the first and a swimsuit for the second. I love being a mother, but I want to be a super sexy mother with a better body than ever before. When I pull on my spray-on jeans for my party, I want to look in the mirror and like what I see'.

On her postbaby body:
'People may think it's mad but it makes me happier to see my body coming back'.

On celebs who adopt:
'Some women just skip having babies or adopt because they don't want to get fat or they haven't put in the time to find a partner. It's great to adopt, but a lot of adoptions are motivated by vanity and laziness'.

Source:
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1501119/story.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=10452208

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
The Baby Bump Project by Meredith Nash is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.