01 October 2007

Jennifer Garner: on losing baby weight (yawn)


You would think that considering Jen Garner's daughter Violet is not 22 months old, journalists would be sick of asking her questions about how she lost her baby weight. But low and behold, in the Herald Sun Sunday magazine, Garner says she didn't feel the need to lose her baby weight quickly (which contradicts various other reports around the time that she was actually losing the weight). She says:

'I went back to work on Alias very soon after giving birth, but I didn't lose the weight quickly. I can see why women look at Hollywood and wonder how they do it, because I couldn't until I finished on Alias. I was a working mum- of course I didn't have time'.

She also says that since becoming a mother, her days of waking up at 3:30 to work out are long gone.

'I barely recognise that woman. These days, pilates makes me happy and I do five or six workouts a week. I love a basic workout and do it in the mornings to get it over with, but I'll gladly cancel if Viole has been up in the night. I try to be kind to myself when it comes to eating and staying in shape'.

Pilates. BAH! Seriously, pilates is such a cop out. She has a trainer. Like every other actress in Hollywood. Get over yourself. She gets paid to look amazing. I'm really over the 'I'm just a normal woman' routine. Why is she 'super woman' just because she has the luxury of hanging out with her baby all day? Most women would kill for that if they didn't have to have a full-time job with being a mother that cannot afford a nanny!

As if to prove the point, she goes on to say:

'I do eat chocolate. I keep really good chocolate in the house and take bites of it several times a day. Although, it times of crisis, there's nothing wrong with plain old M & Ms'.

Now, if this was Britney Spears, she would be accused of being a bad mother for eating chocolate, for being 'fat' and for not working out enough. Interesting how some celebrities are praised for being 'normal' and seemingly undisciplined whereas others like Spears are criticised for not being disciplined enough.

Source: Sunday magazine, 30 September, pp. 16-18.

5 comments:

ashley said...

Although she may have had a trainer kicking her butt, pilates is an amazing workout and does transform your body, especially if you are using the machines. So do not knock it till you try it!

chouchou said...

You know whats so contradicting about her love of workouts.
The fact she does it in the morning to get it "over with".

I dont think they would have let her back onto alias if she did have the post baby weight.

=) Very nice blog. I used to live in my melbourne and will suggest my pregnant mum read this blog.
Thankyou.

Anonymous said...

yes, Jennifer does have a trainer. She also does Pilates with a Pilates instructor at her house. It is the blend of both that give her that fabulous physique. And yes, she often does cancel if she's been up all night with Violet. : )
Jennifer has an extremely healthy outlook on her body and her health. She is an inspiration to many women, as well she should be.

Anonymous said...

a few bites of chocolate during the day or m and m isn't undisciplined and can't be compared to drinking, showing body parts you shouldn't or having your baby in the front seat.

Pilates is amazing as ashley said and can make you long, lean and strong.

I do love that she's real. That she's not obsessive and so Hollywood unhealthy going to extremes to be thin neglecting her baby and her own health. And she does work and have children and having children is a full time job in itself.

How lucky for you to live in Melbourne!

Anonymous said...

and since when is working out four or five days a week not working out enough? I have no idea how you compare her to brittany spears.

 
Creative Commons License
The Baby Bump Project by Meredith Nash is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.