06 October 2007

I love a hypocrite: Mylene Klass

Remember when Mylene Klass said this during her pregnancy?

'When the baby is born, she says there will be "no faddy diets, none of that nonsense. I'm as prey as anyone to images of super-skinny women, but it's important that women see someone who's normal. I'm 5ft 5in and I've got boobs and a bum...'

Well apparently, Klass has lost her baby weight only 6 weeks since giving birth. According to the Daily Mail, she embarked on a 'vigorous exercise regime' in order to 'bounce back' in time for her upcoming TV appearances.
'Her trim physique and glowing complexion are the result of gruelling gym sessions with her personal trainer, including long runs on the treadmill and stomach crunches'.

According to her friends, she has been working off her weight with a 'vengeance' ever since.

Now, she's a celebrity. Part of her job is to look beautiful and fit. This is a reality for many famous women. What really annoys me is that during the pregnancy she felt like she had to say what everyone wanted to hear: 'I dont care about losing weight' 'It's totally unrealistic' 'I'm a 'normal' woman' BLAH BLAH BLAH

And now, she has gone off and worked out like a maniac like every other celebrity. Why can't these women just tell the bloody truth? 'I'm a celebrity. People pay me to look good. This is an unfortunate side effect of the job'.

Women are not stupid. Pretending that 'size doesn't matter' isn't doing anyone any favours. Frank and honest admissions of the tyranny of beauty and slenderness post-birth that mothers around the world are subject to is at least a way to admit that all of this stuff about achieving perfection is pretty ridiculous and yet a huge number of women are increasingly participating in these regimes of bodily discipline. Where is the resistance in conformity even if most mothers know exactly how she is feeling?

If someone asks her how she lost the weight and she says 'pilates' I will dry wretch.

Sources: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=485433&in_page_id=1773

http://babybumpproject.blogspot.com/2007/07/mylene-klass-and-white-bikini.html

1 comment:

sarah said...

I totally agree, i had my baby a matter of weeks after Mylene. I admired her for saying what we all wish celebritys would say, size doesn't matter...and then i saw her on the M&S adverts! An my world shattered what a hypocrite here i am 9 months later still fighting to get rid of my baby weight and lo and behold Mylene did it in 6 weeks.
Sarah

 
Creative Commons License
The Baby Bump Project by Meredith Nash is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.